DIY Kuefa for you :-)
Don’t panic, we’re not transforming to your new favorite cooking site. But because Corona won’t let us cook for you in beautiful B-Lage this April, we want to give you some ideas on how to get through these times: just cook yourself! For example: Arabic fried potatoes, fruity salad and ginger biscuits.
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces.
- Heat sufficient oil in a deep pan and slowly fry the potato pieces. If you’re cooking for several people, fry the potatoes in two or more portions.
- When the potato pieces are light brown, use a ladle to remove them, drain them, and place them in a bowl.
- Mix the potatoes with salt, chopped garlic, and some oregano. Finally, sprinkle fresh coriander over it as you like and love it – in case you hate coriander, it also tastes great with parsley!
- Open the refrigerator and take the vegetable of your choice: either carrots, beetroot or red cabbage. If it is the red cabbage, knead it with a little of salt for ten minutes.
- Cut a fruit like an apple, an orange or tangerine into small pieces or take the seeds of a pomegranate and mix it with the vegetable.
- Mix salt, pepper, juice of a lemon and oil, ideally add pomegranate syrup (or a small spoonful of fruit jam for example) and fresh mint and mix it with the salad.
- Mix 250g soft margarine with 160g sugar and 2 – 4 teaspoons of ginger powder or freshly cut ginger in a bowl.
- Mix 350g of flour and 1 package of baking powder.
- Knead everything together into a firm dough.
- Form walnut-sized balls and place them on a baking sheet with baking paper with plenty of space in between.
- Moisten a fork with water and use it to flatten the balls crosswise so that biscuits are about 1 cm high.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven at 200°C for about 12-15 minutes. The quantities are enough for about 50 cookies – that’s enough for friends or nice neighbours 🙂
Stay healthy and ready! Physical distancing and social solidarity!
- We demand: Bring people from Moria and other refugee camps to Germany and give them the humanitarian help they deserve!
- We demand: Stop deportations, now even more than ever!